Together with local self-government bodies, it ensures the implementation of a unified policy in resolving religious issues in accordance with the legislation on freedom of conscience and religious organizations;
- takes measures to ensure the interaction and cooperation of state bodies with religious organizations located on the territory of the republic;
- reflection in the state policy of the interests of religious organizations registered in accordance with the procedure established by law.;
- performs the functions of coordinating the interaction of state bodies with religious organizations and monitoring the implementation of legislation on freedom of conscience and religious organizations;
- On behalf of the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, participates in the development of draft legal acts concerning freedom of conscience and the activities of religious organizations;
- carries out work on the organization of relations between religious organizations within the republic and abroad;
- performs other functions in accordance with the charter of the committee and other regulatory legal acts;
- performs general management of the committee's activities on a one-man basis and is personally responsible for the performance of the tasks and functions assigned to the committee;
- determines the powers of the deputy chairman and heads of departments, the degree of their personal responsibility in certain areas of the committee's activities;
- If necessary, the Committee makes changes to the approved structure and approves the staffing table within the established maximum total number and salary fund of employees of the central office;
- within the limits of its competence, it issues orders and issues orders that are mandatory for the employees of the committee system;
- the committee approves, in accordance with the established procedure, the model regulations on the divisions of the central office;
- appoints and dismisses the heads of departments and responsible employees of the central office of the committee in accordance with the procedure established by law;
- exercises other powers in accordance with the legislation.
The Chairman performs these functions through his deputy, the heads of departments of the committee's staff and other responsible employees.